Global X Management Company LLC (“Global X ETFs”) is an investment firm that oversees the development of Global X-branded investment products in Latin America. Global X ETFs acts as Portfolio Manager for the Colombia Select ETF (“HCOLSEL”), an exchange traded fund domiciled in Colombia.
This ETF was established according to provisions set out in Decree 2555 of 2010, Republic of Colombia, whose participation units list on the Bolsa de Valores de Colombia (“BVC”), under the ticker symbol HCOLSEL.
Global X Colombia Select ETF (HCOLSEL)
HCOLSEL seeks investment results that, before fees and expenses, are comparable to the S&P Colombia Select Index (the “Index”), which is designed to track the performance of the largest and most liquid stocks listed on the Bolsa de Valores de Colombia (“BVC”).
The fund offers investors:
• An ETF with diversification, liquidity and transparency
• Exposure to the largest and most liquid stocks on the BVC
• An index designed and calculated by Standard & Poor’s – the largest index provider in the world
• Broad diversification with issuer and sector concentration limits
S&P Colombia Select Index
The Index is designed to be a sector diversified benchmark index of the Colombia equity market.
• No single stock will have more than a 15 percent weight in the Index, thereby reducing single stock risk
• Sector weights are capped at 40 per cent to reduce sector concentration and allow for greater sector diversification
• As the Colombian stock market grows, so can the number of holdings in the Index to reflect this changing landscape
• Independent S&P committee oversees the management and policies of the Index
• Price, net and total-return versions of the Index available in both USD and COP
• Constituents restricted to Colombian-domiciled companies listed on the BVC
• The Index uses an industry classification scheme which allows investors to compare global securities
Participation units of Global X Colombia Select ETF trade on the Bolsa de Valores de Colombia (BVC) just like ordinary stocks, at any time throughout the regular trading day, Monday to Friday, except on non-trading days. The BVC maintains a schedule of trading hours and non-trading days on its website. Investors outside of Colombia can buy and sell participation units as long as they have access to the BVC through a registered broker or dealer in compliance with the requirements set out by the Bank of the Republic of Colombia for such investors.
Fiduciaria Bogotá S.A. (Fidubogotá) acts as the Management Company of the Global X Colombia Select ETF.
Fiduciaria Bogotá S.A. – Fiduciaria Bogotá S.A. (Fidubogotá) is a subsidiary of BANCO DE BOGOTA and is a member of Grupo AVAL. It was established in September 1991 and it is a leader in fiduciary products and services. Fidubogotá provides strong local market knowledge, excellent good will and a range of fiduciary capabilities that few other Colombian trust companies can provide. Fidubogotá delivers integrated solutions to its clients with one of the most experienced and well known fiduciary services team, offering one of the widest range of local products available.
Global X ETFs
Bolsa de Valores de Colombia